Being in this business for over 70 years, here at Rayco Upholstery we often get asked about the referrals in the automotive industry and how to find the right upholstery shop for your needs.
Since we know a thing or two, we thought it would be a good idea to share our tips for finding the right upholstery shop for you! Here’s 10 things to consider before you hand over your vehicle to the shop:
Finding the Right Upholstery Shop
- Make sure the specific upholstery shop you’re looking up has been in business (and at the same location) for a longer period of time. This will ensure a great deal of experience and solid work from that location.
- Following up with #1, ask around. A LOT. The reputation of the shop will tell you a lot about the work you may be paying for.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for referrals in the automotive industry. Chances are your mechanic or local dealership have a good upholstery contact to share.
- Get as many estimates as possible before you hand over your vehicle. We cannot stress it enough.
- The way you receive your estimate is just as important. If the upholstery employee explained your options and told you exactly what service you’ll need,plus why and how it will be executed, then you should be in good hands.
- What about the quality of the materials being used to replace or repair your vehicle?
- Ask as many questions as you can regarding the work that needs to be done on your vehicle. Is it just a repair or a full replacement?
- Is the shop clean and safe? Better yet, is it insured? Don’t leave your vehicle at the shop before you know everything about the location.
- Ask whether your vehicle will be parked inside or outside. In some instances, they may want to leave it on the side of the street by the shop. It’s up to you to decide whether you’re comfortable with it or not!
- Last but not least, don’t settle for the cheapest estimate just to save some money. More often than not, it will end up costing you more in the long run anyway.
Do you feel confident about making your decision now? If you’re looking for an experienced upholstery shop in Delaware or Tri-State area, don’t hesitate to contact Rayco Upholstery!
302.323.8844 | www.delawareupholstery.com